Posted on 12th Sep 2018
How to Reset:
1. Turn the printer off
2. Use a paper clip or tip of a pen to press and hold the reset on the back of the printer.
3. While holding the reset button, turn the printer on. Continue to hold the reset button.
4. After 5 seconds, a warning will print out. Release the reset button.
5. After about 5 more seconds, another sheet will print showing the factory reset IP address of the printer. Newer epson models will default to a DHCP address.
NOTE: OLDER EPSON PRINTERS WILL DEFAULT TO IP ADDRESS 192.168.192.168, IN THIS CASE, SKIP TO SECTION “LEGACY EPSON CONFIGURATION” FOR CONFIGURATION INSTRUCTIONS
How to Configure:
1. On an iPad connected to the MerchantPlay Wifi network, open Safari
2. Enter the printer’s IP address, tap Go
Note: you may also access the printer configuration from a computer that is connected to the MerchantPlay Wifi network or connected directly to the printer)
3. The next page will direct you to enter the login credentials
- Username: epson
- Password: epson
4. Navigate to TCP/IP in the Configuration menu
5. Configure the following settings on this page:
6. Get IP Address: Manual
7. Set using Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA): Disable
8. Set using PING: Disable
9. IP address: desired IP of the printer (MerchantPlay standard address range for printers is 192.168.22.88 - 192.168.22.210)
10. subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
11. Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0
12. Socket timeout value: 300
13. Tap Submit
14. Tap Reset, or power cycle the printer
Legacy Epson Configuration
1. If your Epson printer gives a factory default address of 192.168.192.168, you will need to temporarily change your iPad IP address to communicate with the printer.
2. On the iPad navigate to Settings > Wi-Fi
3. Tap the blue i to the right of the connected
4. Tap Manual to the right of Configure IP
5. Tap the IP address to change it to 192.168.192.100 (though any number in the range of 192.168.192.xxx should work)
6. Tap Save in the top right corner
7. Your iPad is now configured to communicate with addresses in the 192.168.192.xxx range.
8. Proceed to section How to Configure to complete printer configuration
9. Don't forget to set the IP address back, once configuration is complete!